• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot create a sublevel public folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Cannot create a sublevel public folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot create a sublevel public folder - 18.Feb.2008 1:59:11 PM   
curtissw

I am trying to create a shared contact folder in public folders. I can create it in the root but not in a sub folder. When I look at the permission it looks like I should be able to but I gives me a permissions error. The old exchange admin can create one without any problems and he created a new account for me that he says should be able to do but I cannot create it with that account either.

Any ideas on what directions I should take to figure this out? My account has been give full exchange admin rights. 
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot create a sublevel public folder - 18.Feb.2008 2:07:54 PM   
uemurad

What Public Folder permissions do you have specifically on the folder in which you are trying to create the subfolder?

Of the pre-defined permission levels, you need Owner, Publishing Editor, or Publishing Author.  If customized, there is a checkbox for Create Subfolders.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to curtissw)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot create a sublevel public folder - 18.Feb.2008 2:19:54 PM   
curtissw

Yes I think thatís where the problem is that have removed the default permission and did not great an admin group. On the top level with outlook my permission are custom and yes there is a check in create subfolders. After that itís custom and I cannot create subfolders. So is there a way to get ownership back or ad an admin group? What happens if the owner account has been deleted?

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot create a sublevel public folder - 18.Feb.2008 4:28:08 PM   
uemurad

There is a cool tool from Microsoft for dealing with Public Folder permissions:

Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folder DAV-based Administration Tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en

As an Exchange Admin with Full Permissions you can use the ESM to edit permissions on individual folders.  However, if you need to do anything in a hierarchical sense, use the tool.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to curtissw)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Cannot create a sublevel public folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter