• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will work no problems?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will work no problems? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will work... - 19.Feb.2008 6:54:27 PM   
explorer1979

Hi all,

I have some problems on the Design before make it as product environment of the Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with External DNS and Internal DNS integration AD. And don't know do it will work or not.

Please help me check the Network Diagram below I draw, see do it is correct of the Total Design
(Please see the attached Image, if not, go here to view
http://www.hkpcd.org/NetworkDiagram.jpg
)

The key point on this is the External DNS (For example GoDaddy.com)
Have the A & MX Record point to the External of the Firewall, on this Diagram,  it is
external IP

Then on the Firewall make it NAT Forward to Internal LAN's Exchange Server, on this Diagram, it is

Then all thing will work safe and simply, right?

One more question, on this design, do it is mean all user just need using mycorp.com can accross File Server (DFS) and the Mail? If so, then it is need very high password, else other can from outside access the File Server?

And on this case,

The Exchange Server is join to the mycorp.com Domain while installing is ok, right? Not need make it a DC while install? (Mean Exchange is Domain Member)

Since the LAN have two DC ad01.mycorp.com and ad02.mycorp,com already, make the Exchange Server be a DC look like not need, so I make it join the Domain....

And the other problems is

While I starting the building the AD, it ask me install the DNS (I am using dcpromo to build the AD), then I install the DNS in the ad01.mycorp.com  ....

But all Workstation are in Domain, Join the Domain mycorp.com, It is mean the Workstation using the
ad01.mycorp.com and ad02.mycorp.com as DNS Server

The Mail Server are mail.mycorp.com

I open the ad01.mycorp.com and add the MX Record point to mail.mycorp.com
It IP is 192.168.1.191 ....

Then how the LAN user using the Mail Server? It is not external IP in the LAN (mail.mycorp.com auto add it Internal IP to the ad01.mycorp.com) ...

Do it have problems???? And do my setting is right that all Workstation's DNS Point to 192.168.1.181 (If not point to this IP, using other DNS IP can not login to the Domain)

1000x Thank you.

< Message edited by explorer1979 -- 20.Feb.2008 5:41:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will ... - 24.Feb.2008 9:21:39 AM   
PrabhuExchange

Hi Mate,

As per my understang:
1)MX records config looks fine
2)Installtion part for Exchange, make the server as member of your AD and then you can install Exchange ( Should be member of the Domain,no need to Run Dcpromo on it)
3)When you want to make any of the server as Domain controller , you should have DNS in place that is the reason it is asking to install DNS where your making a server as Domain controller.

4) The two domain controllers in the Environment what you configured will act as DNS servers for the workstations aswell this Depends if you configured DHCP in the environment, if DHCP provides IP and DNS address to clients

Few things i did not understand....

If you have mail server it can use for internal and external aswell.

If you have your Exchange server A record in the Internal DNS server is enough for Internal access for all the clients.

Cheers!!!
Prabhakar Kamuni

(in reply to explorer1979)
Post #: 2
RE: Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will ... - 29.Feb.2008 8:43:00 PM   
explorer1979

PrabhuExchange,

Thank you very much of your detail and kindly reply.

You help me a lot, now I will following the Netowrk Diagram to deploy it.

Best Regards,
Jimmy Chan

(in reply to PrabhuExchange)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Help, Do this Deploy and Design Exchange 2007 will work no problems? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter