• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail routing following ip change and network change

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Mail routing following ip change and network change Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail routing following ip change and network change - 1.Mar.2008 4:04:43 AM   
ctbjs

I work as a network manager in a school.  We are running Exchange Server 2007 on a Windows 2003 Server and prior to our school move it worked great.

The internet feed was provided by the Local Authority and they also purchased the domain that channels our email hence we had to request port openings from them in order for this to work (ie 443 and 25).  The mx and a records were pointed at our external facing nic on our ISA box and mail fed through our MOSS to exchange and on to clients either via OWA or Outlook 2007.

We moved into a brand new school earlier this month and part of that move was to include the installation of our internet feed by the local authority but they failed to meet the target and therefore this would have provided us with no internet and no mail.  Thankfully we foresaw this problem and put in place a contingency ADSL connection.  Unfortunately this meant we had to request that they redirect the mx and a records to point to our new external nic on our ISA with different IP addresses.  This was finally completed and all the changes we can think of have been done but at the moment we can get mail to hit the ISA and then the Exchange box but they are not filtering out to recipients.  I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this and perhaps advise on some checks i could make to try and make it all work again.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Mail routing following ip change and network change Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter