• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HELP! Exchange fails to start after iMac Leopard install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> HELP! Exchange fails to start after iMac Leopard install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP! Exchange fails to start after iMac Leopard install - 8.Mar.2008 11:49:50 PM   
bmw

Hi! Thank you all for being here to help. Community is what really makes this whole experience work.
(I have updated this ask after much trying and confusion and would appreciate any help. Thanx)

The Problem: Have Windows 2003 Server and Exchange PDC.  Have a number of Windows and Macs on the network.  New install of Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), I had tried to connect to Active Directory using Macintosh Directory utility in Leopard.  After the wizard finished, I could see in Mac's Contacts the Active Directory but then no one could log onto the network.  The errors I get all point to the PDC not being detected in DNS server.  Seeing that DNS server depends on AD, I checked to see if Exchange is running.  It is stopped.  I restarted but it starts and then immediately stops.  Event Viewer says that it cannot find the server by name and that it has the wrong login information.

Can anyone please help?
Really need some thoughts on this as I need to get email back online Monday.

Thanks in advance. I hope someone can help.

Bruce

< Message edited by bmw -- 10.Mar.2008 8:18:12 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> HELP! Exchange fails to start after iMac Leopard install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter