• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS is on a server with other roles installed as well

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS is on a server with other roles installed as well Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS is o... - 11.Mar.2008 3:32:11 PM   
verypsb

I'm having difficulty with integrated authentication enabled on the Outlook Web Access on a single server Exchange 2007 setup. It just prompts for username/password, and then fails with an error message 'authentication required' I found this article on the internet.

"The problem I have found, is that Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS is on a server where other roles are installed as well (documentation). You will need to have a CAS only server for Integrated Authentication to work when authenticating to OWA. If you are using Integrated Authentication when the CAS is installed on a server in which other roles are installed, itíll prompt you for a password as if you were using Basic Authentication. This integrated authentication limitation is only when you are accessing OWA. Integrated Authentication will still work just fine for CAS-CAS Proxying/Redirection purposes."

This is exactly the issue I have on my Exchange 2007 server. Is the statement above true?

Our Exchange SP1 has been installed on a Windows 2008 Standard server.
Post #: 1
RE: Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS ... - 11.Mar.2008 7:53:37 PM   
RB@SCC

Yes, this is a true statement. Even with SP1.

Either move your CAS Role or move your users to 07 and fast.

(in reply to verypsb)
Post #: 2
RE: Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS ... - 12.Mar.2008 1:54:24 AM   
verypsb

Well, all users are on E2K7. I'ts Exchange 2007 OWA I'm having troubles with. Basic Authentication works, though.

(in reply to RB@SCC)
Post #: 3
SOLVED - 12.Mar.2008 4:27:58 PM   
dmutsaers

Method 1: Disable the loopback check

Follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.

Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.

In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

(in reply to verypsb)
Post #: 4
RE: SOLVED - 13.Mar.2008 2:27:58 AM   
Elan Shudnow

verypsb, if you can validate the above registry modification works for you on your CAS box, please reply back so I can update my article.  Thanks!

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to dmutsaers)
Post #: 5
RE: SOLVED - 13.Mar.2008 10:16:41 AM   
dmutsaers

It looks like I have 2 login names  verypsb=dmutsaers

After applying the suggested registry settings above, I'm experiencing the following behaviour:
IE prompts for username/password, but these are accepted. (Like Basic Authentication, even when Basic Authentication has been disabled, and only Integrated Authentication is enabled)

Without the registry changes:
IE prompts for username/password, like Basic Authentication, but these are NOT accepted.

< Message edited by dmutsaers -- 13.Mar.2008 5:14:48 PM >

(in reply to Elan Shudnow)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Integrated Authentication WILL NOT work if the CAS is on a server with other roles installed as well Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter