• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Queues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2003 Enterprise Queues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 Enterprise Queues - 12.Mar.2008 6:51:46 PM   
gmcwilson

I have an environment where an SMTP Gateway server resides between my firewall and Exchange box. It's sole purpose is to relay messages to either the internet (filtering service) or Exchange (internal network). Currently, the Exchange box is setup to communicate with the SMTP server by receiving internet mail on Port 25 and sending internet mail on Port 26 between the servers. I have two SMTP Connectors on the Exchange box and two virtual servers on IIS' SMTP server to handle the two communication channels.

Today, I noticed a message bouncing around without going out, so I temporarily stopped one of the connectors, using port 26, to research the issue and try to determine who was sending it out and also to see if I could force the delivery of the message to the SMTP server through port 25. Well, I was only half successful. I was able to determine the message was a ghost, because the message was already sitting the users sent mail folder along with some replies in their inbox. So deleted the message with no NDR. Problem solved ... or so I thought.

It took an hour to accomplish the research and delete the message. However, within that hour 25 outbound messages queued up and now won't go anywhere. I thought myself lucky that all I'd have to do is move the message from the port 25 queue folder to the port 26 queue folder and be done with it. Good idea ... no way to accomplish because the queue folder associated with the connector is empty! Where are the 25 messages that the SMTP Exchange Connector is saying still waiting to be sent? I checked the usual place c:\program files\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\queue, but it's empty. So is c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue to see if they were being held hostage there, but nope, not there either.

Any idea where these messages are hiding?? Any help would be appreciated!

Glenn
IT Guy for some Company
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2003 Enterprise Queues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter