Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

penn_pinto -> Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (14.Mar.2008 2:25:10 PM)

Hi All,

We only have 4 people using Windows Mobile Devices. I had one user approach me and tell me his mail was syncing fine but he could not view attachments on it.

When I sent a test message to it and synced the message came through. When I went to go click on the attachment I got a message that said "Attachments will be downloaded next time you connect and receive e-mail." Of course, after another send and receive it still doesnt work.

I checked the activesync settings on our Exchange 2007 CAS server and the setting to download attachments is checked.

I am awaiting word from the other users on whether they are experiencing the same issues. However, I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone may know of something I need to resolve to get attachments to Windows Mobile Devices to work?

Thank you.

Patrick

rishishah -> RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (26.Mar.2008 6:04:29 AM)

Are you reverse proxying your CAS? If so with what?

Or is it just NATed via your firewall?

penn_pinto -> RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (26.Mar.2008 7:50:28 AM)

Thank you for the response. It is is natted through our firewall.

In addition, I have checked and another user is working fine and user accounts are set upt he same.

She is using a motorola q and he is using a Treo 700. I updated the software yesterday with the latest release on Treo's site but that didnt resolve anything.

Patrick

rishishah -> RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (31.Mar.2008 8:26:31 AM)

Might be bst to kill that users partnership and allow her to re-partner to the CAS.

This might solve it.

Otherwise you are loking at re-setting the mobile device.

Do you have enough space on the mobile device or external card to receive the attachment? If you are using a card ensure it is not corupted and is recognised by the mobile device correctly.

penn_pinto -> RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (1.Apr.2008 1:58:46 PM)

Thanks for your help. I killed the partnership and then had the user re-sync and it worked.

rishishah -> RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device (2.Apr.2008 3:58:28 AM)

Glad to know its all working now

Page: [1]