• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Advise installing Exc 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Advise installing Exc 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advise installing Exc 2007 - 19.Mar.2008 11:02:24 AM   
EssCee

In a test environment i have AD installed with Windows 2008 server. On another machine i would like to install Exchange server 2007.

The seocnd machine which also will be on WS2008 is 30GB - according to Microsoft this is fine but i will try to install Exchange 2007 - Would the installation succeed especially with 30GB space and we'll have around 5 users max with 100MB limit?

I also want to run NAP (Network Access Protection) from this server - is it still possible with the amount of space i have along with Exchange running simutaneously?

Finally since ive never done this part before i would like some assistance. To send external mails i think i need some form of a connector but how would i configure this and know what to do to get emails sent externally? Preferably a freebie option here would be great since its a testing machine.

Windows Server 2008 also has a Read Only domain controller. To create users am i correct that i cant have Exchange 2007 server with a readonly DC snapin installed as this will not allow me to create users?

Sorry for the newbie questions here and thanks.

< Message edited by EssCee -- 19.Mar.2008 11:05:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Advise installing Exc 2007 - 19.Mar.2008 11:08:55 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Why not walk before you try to run.
Install Exchange first and see how you get on. Perhaps do this on VMware so that you have more server instances. If you don't have enough disk space then get more. Just put an external USB on there if you need it.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to EssCee)
Post #: 2
RE: Advise installing Exc 2007 - 19.Mar.2008 11:30:17 AM   
EssCee

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark@mvps.org

Why not walk before you try to run.
Install Exchange first and see how you get on. Perhaps do this on VMware so that you have more server instances. If you don't have enough disk space then get more. Just put an external USB on there if you need it.

Good point but i think im just after some information on how this is done so if i have to do a 20 page read then i know im not wasting time going round in circles i know what my "target" is and how to approach it.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Advise installing Exc 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter