• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 25.Mar.2008 7:18:19 AM   
charlieo

Odd problem. I deleted a mobile device partnership for a user in the EMC after the user experienced weird issues syncing. We set the device up again and it synced without a problem and all is well "over-the air". Push is working perfectly. I am running SP1 on W2k3 R2.

Unfortunately, now in the EMC, when I right click the same user there is no option to manage his mobile device. There is also no option on the action pane. Every other user has these two things (i.e. manage mobile device in the context menu and action pane)... even the users who have no devices or partnerships. I can still go into OWA and manage the device, as all the options are still on his OWA page.

Where has the context menu option and action pane item for the mobile device gone? I have tried disabling activesync for the user and re-enabling in order to get the console to "re-paint" them. I have tried disabling the mail box and re-connecting. Something is confused in the EMC. There must be some way to get the console to redisplay this stuff for this user.... I hope.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie
Post #: 1
RE: E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 25.Mar.2008 9:05:30 AM   
rishishah

Did you allow enough time for the AD to replicate?

Do you see any errors in the Event Log?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to charlieo)
Post #: 2
RE: E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 25.Mar.2008 5:16:07 PM   
charlieo

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I waited as long as 12 hours, but the DC is 3 feet from the Exchange server anyway and replication is usually just seconds away.

Nope, there are/were no errors to speak of in the logs.

I am afraid to delete a partnership for another user as a test for fear it will happen a second time.

What is even weirder, is that, as a test, I loaded a complete image backup of the Exchange/W2k3 server from 4 days ago. The back up/image had the same missing mobility tabs/actions for the same user!! How could that be? ... the darn things were there yesterday when I deleted the device partnership. I wonder if the DC/AD could have something to do with this issue per your thoughts? Unfortunately, I didn't see anything weird on the AD/DC either.

Any more ideas?

Thanks again.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3
RE: E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 25.Mar.2008 5:51:21 PM   
charlieo

rishishah - Thanks much!!  Problem solved. It was an AD issue after all. Used ADSIEDIT.MSC. User container... msExchMobileMailboxFlags had to be set to "1".

Why this happened, I am not sure... that bothers me.

(in reply to charlieo)
Post #: 4
RE: E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 26.Mar.2008 6:02:31 AM   
rishishah

Happy to help...

As Exchange stores a lot in the AD, its generally the first port of call.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to charlieo)
Post #: 5
RE: E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC - 2.Dec.2009 3:37:59 PM   
consumedsoul

Anyone know how to automatically have the msExchMobileMailboxFlags set to 1 globally when users are created etc.?

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> E2007 SP1 manage mobile device missing from EMC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter