• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleted items do not get purged

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Deleted items do not get purged Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleted items do not get purged - 27.Mar.2008 1:51:58 PM   
mback

We use exchange as our message store for our voice mail system.  The settings on our servers indicate that deleted messages older than two days will be permanently deleted.  One of our servers is not purging those deleted items at all.  If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it.
Post #: 1
RE: Deleted items do not get purged - 26.May2008 3:27:07 PM   
OLIVEIRAS

Hi all.
Since I'm very new to this forum I would like to thanks to all for the spent time.

We run a Exchange Server 2000 standard with service packs installed.

Our priv1.edb plus priv1.stm files have more than 16GB of size. But we have the "Keep deleted itens for 0 days". I can also tell that the sum of all mailbox sizes is about 7,7GB.

So I would like to know why the edb/stm files have a diferent size of mailbox sum?

Thanks a lot.

(in reply to mback)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleted items do not get purged - 9.Jan.2009 5:20:52 PM   
v9brcha

Hi,

I understand that you have a mailbox size of less then 8gb but the database size is 16gb thats because the offline defragmentation is not run on the database .
So find a suitable time  to dismount the stores and run a offline defragmentation as in exchange 2000 the max database size limit is only 16gb.After running the offline defrag the you can see the database size being reduced.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813051

Thanks
Brindha

(in reply to OLIVEIRAS)
Post #: 3
RE: Deleted items do not get purged - 7.Feb.2009 8:54:04 AM   
rsmudliar123

Look for Event ID 1221. This will let you know what is the white space in that database.

You can schedule a downtime and perform a offline defrag.

Remember we are talking about Exchange Database Defrag which is different from a normal Disk Defrag. So be careful.

Again perform a very good backup before you take your server offline.

Last but not the least..

What you see is not what you SEE :)

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to v9brcha)
Post #: 4
RE: Deleted items do not get purged - 17.Mar.2009 6:27:08 AM   
Qunleczy

Dear All,

Please help. I have the same problem with my information store. We are on exchange 2000 with service pack 3. Sometimes ago, the 16GB storage limit was overshot due to large size attachments posted by users and we couldn't access exchange again.
We had to re-prepare the server (PDC + Exchange 2000 server). The exchange was re-installed in disasterrecovery mode and a 12GB backup file was restored. After this, all user's mailboxes with large files were deleted and the mailboxes actually reduce in size.
After offline defragmentation of the database, the size refused to shrink, instead it was swelling up as transactions are being made daily. Presently, physical sizes of the mailboxes adds up to 3.9GB but priv1.edb 13.9GB + other transaction files yet to be added.
Please, what can be done? I need your help urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Leczy

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Deleted items do not get purged Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter