• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Limiting Exchange Admin rights?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Limiting Exchange Admin rights? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Limiting Exchange Admin rights? - 27.Mar.2008 8:10:43 PM   
Ansbach

OK, I must be missing something simple - how do I limit the rights of my Exchange Admins to certain mailboxes?  For example, how do I keep them from being able to just open the Inbox of the Big Boss in their Outlook?

We are running Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 & 7 if it matters.
Post #: 1
RE: Limiting Exchange Admin rights? - 27.Mar.2008 11:32:36 PM   
t0ta11ed

Exchange 2007 allows for very granular settings via the command line interface. If you look for info on split permissions in the help file you'll find the various rights you can give to a particular user. I haven't ever had to do this since I'm usually the only admin! =P

Edit: Sorry, I read that post wrong...but I believe the same thing can be achieved with 2003.

< Message edited by t0ta11ed -- 27.Mar.2008 11:33:50 PM >

Invasion Plans - http://dev.marzopolis.com

(in reply to Ansbach)
Post #: 2
RE: Limiting Exchange Admin rights? - 28.Mar.2008 11:58:45 AM   
doctortt

Are the exchange admins part of the domain admins group? If yes, by default, domain admins group is denied to access any mailbox unless someone explicitly changed the access. Check the role of the exchange admin - exchange full administrator, exchange administrator or exchange view only.  You should also check the security tab of the mailbox store to find out whether the exchange admin has full access to the mailbox store.

(in reply to t0ta11ed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Limiting Exchange Admin rights? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter