• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

outlook keeps connecting to exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> outlook keeps connecting to exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
outlook keeps connecting to exchange server - 4.Apr.2008 10:52:40 PM   
Heeter

Hey all,

All the workstations here have outlook (2003 & 2007) installed.

Everyone uses an external email server. I have manually configured each user to the external email server. Then I switch the accounts to show that the external email account as default.

The problem is that upon reboot, outlook keeps resetting the email accounts to exchange server as default.

I have never setup exchange on the domain controller (SBS2003), nor do plan to.

How do I get to stop outlook from switching back from user email account to exchange email account?

2nd bigger Problem: One of the users workstations, I deleted the exchange account and it in deleted all the email/contacts, not what I wanted, how can I reverse this?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter
Post #: 1
RE: outlook keeps connecting to exchange server - 17.Apr.2008 9:00:44 AM   
Manlytrash08

1. Check the users AD properties on the SBS Server and remove the SBS Login script. This may be trying to setup the workstation for use with the SBS server. Check for any login scripts. Roaming profiles may cause this also. That setting is on the workstations.

2. Once you add the users external account back in look for the PST file that Outlook creates and import it back into Outlook.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Heeter)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> outlook keeps connecting to exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter