• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

One Mailbox 2 Domains to Send Receive Mail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> One Mailbox 2 Domains to Send Receive Mail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Mailbox 2 Domains to Send Receive Mail - 17.Apr.2008 12:42:47 PM   
MikeXpress

I have a Windows SBS 2003 running Exchange Server for my primary.domain (primary.com). I also have a secondary domain (secondary.com) for mail that is hosted by an webhost (POP3).  Currently, I have 2 Outlook profiles setup but its cumbersome switching between profiles to send/receive mail. 

I need to be able to send and receive mail for both domains in my primary.com domain, if possible. For example, if an email is sent to primary.com then my reply email must show that it came from primary.com. If an email is sent to secondary.com then my reply email must show that is came from secondary.com.
Post #: 1
RE: One Mailbox 2 Domains to Send Receive Mail - 19.Apr.2008 8:36:01 AM   
jveldh

Mike,

I think when you want to use the features of Exchange such as the calender etc this would be difficult. I you get your mail via pop3 from you exchange server there may be an option for it by making to seperate accounts and select the good one when sending e-mail.

Another option is to make an apart mailbox for th secondary.com domein on you exchange server. Then make an apart recipient policy which filters on a specified field let's say company where you put in "secondary" and change the default recipient policy to only apply to users who belong to the "primary" company. Then let exchange collect the mail for the pop3 account and let it drop the mail in the second mailbox. Give your primary user account the send as permissions on the mailbox and it should work also.

Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to MikeXpress)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> One Mailbox 2 Domains to Send Receive Mail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter