• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple sites..schema master in separate site.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple sites..schema master in separate site. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple sites..s... - 21.Apr.2008 11:07:39 PM   
goof1427

Hello.

first thank you for taking the time to read. I am installing a new (first) Exchange server 2007 in our new domain. However i keep getting the error of unable to contact Schema Master and server is not in the same site as the Schema Master.

Error:
Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory domain as the schema master (DC=mydomain,DC=lcl).
Recommended Action: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=30939&l=en&v=ExBPA.3&id=2376fec1-b9ce-44db-beb6-cb9ac4788988

-On the Schema master which is a Chicago site. I was able to run PrepareAD and PrepareSchema; just cannot install Exchange 2007. The Exchange server is in UK.

-So it is one forest with multiple sites. single domain...is that a problem? does each site need its own Schema master....wouldnt think so? perhaps it is a replication issue between Chicago and UK?

- And if i change the Schema master to the DC in UK can i change it back? and what repercussions would that have? and is that a practice that is endorsed?

I am at a loss here...dont know where to go from here....any and all help will be appreciated. Thnx.
Post #: 1
RE: Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple site... - 22.Apr.2008 11:27:55 AM   
de.blackman

I have been able to install exchange in a single forest/domain and multiple sites with no issues. Can you confirm that you are able to ping the Schema master from the new server? Also I would recommend that you run
"DCDiag /S:SchemaMasterServer" from the new server. This is a CMD based utility and you need to install the Windows support tools to run it.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to goof1427)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple site... - 22.Apr.2008 1:02:39 PM   
goof1427

Thank you for the reply.

Yes i can ping the schema master. and ran the dcdiag ...everything passed.

and somehow it is working now... perhaps the AD replication took forever? days?

once i find the answer as to why ...then i will post again..thnx.

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Installing Exchange 2K7...one forest..multiple sites..schema master in separate site. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter