• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

XP_SQL2EXCHANGE without Outlook MAPI?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> XP_SQL2EXCHANGE without Outlook MAPI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XP_SQL2EXCHANGE without Outlook MAPI? - 23.Apr.2008 5:08:25 AM   
gazzer82

Hello All

But of a newbie here, we have a SBS 2003 SP2 Premium with SQL 2000 installed.

We run a hire system that user SQL as it's backend. This has a lot of client information contained in it that i would like to transfer automaticaly once a week to an exchange public folder.

Now i have come across the XP_SQL2EXCHANGE extended stored procedure which seems ideal, i have installed it, managed to build the SQL query required to get all of my data how i want it but i have come across a small snag.

It appears that it uses the Outlook MAPI layer to communicate with Exchange. Now as this is a SBS 2003 system i am not supposed to install Outlook on it due to MAPI conflicts with Exchange.

So my question i guess is, does anyone know a way around this problem, or another solution that will achieve what i want. I have looked at the Exchange API's but they don't seem to allow you to write to exchange.

Cheers

Gareth
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> XP_SQL2EXCHANGE without Outlook MAPI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter