• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can send but not receive external mail!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Can send but not receive external mail! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can send but not receive external mail! - 24.Apr.2008 8:11:54 AM   
barryjwilks

Hi there, sure this is an old issue to most of you. I have a user who can send emails to external sources but not receive anything other than internal mail. Her settings in Outlook 2003 are fine and this happens when she logs onto any machine. This seems to have happened over-night without any system changes occuring.
Post #: 1
RE: Can send but not receive external mail! - 24.Apr.2008 11:03:28 AM   
uemurad

Send a test message to her from the outside (from yahoo or gmail) and see if you get a "bounce".  If it doesn't clarify the situation to you, post it here.

If you don't get a "bounce" (a.k.a. NDR, a.k.a. Non-delivery Report), use Message Tracking in the Exchange System Manager (ESM) to see if Exchange is receiving the message, and if so what it is doing with it.

If you really want to dig in deep, you can use an outside system and telnet to your Exchange server via port 25 and manually create a message to that user to see the responses your server is sending back.
http://exchangeguy.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-telnet-to-simulate-server.html

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to barryjwilks)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Can send but not receive external mail! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter