• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 23.May2011 7:38:25 AM   
rustydoc

Our Windows 2008 SBS Server with Exchange 2007 was working just fine until we installed a recent batch of updates, and suddenly all the clients were getting the pop-up.

I did what glenknight suggested and the pop-ups have immediately gone away.

This will get the users off our back so that we can schedule the upgrade to MS Exchange 2007 SP2, with better preparation.

I registered especially just to say: Thanks!

(in reply to glenknight)
Post #: 21
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 23.Jun.2011 11:09:53 AM   
swagata_9467

hi all buddies,

you all guys are facing issue with exchange 2007. Well here is an upgraded version problem. Exchange 2010 with Winxp and Office 2007 has the same issue. Its the problem with outlook 2007.The password doesnt get saved.I installed outlook 2010 on the same machine its gone.In win7 with outlook 2007 thr is no prb. Win xp with outlok 2007 has isue.believe me :)

(in reply to daef)
Post #: 22
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 18.Jan.2012 5:23:48 PM   
Quintin1979

Hi All

here is a possible solution. worked for me on windows 7, outlook 2010, exchange 2010.

in the control panel there is the credential manager, go into the credential manager and update each set of credentials to be the user in question, even if the username appears right, type the passwords again.

in my case, i had a reference to the administrator account which outlook kept asking my user to provide. changed that to his account and all was fine.

(in reply to AdmiralNemo)
Post #: 23
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 25.Jan.2012 2:45:02 PM   
smartguyus

I know some folks may have found these posts via Google as did I. I found like most that most suggested solutions did not work. The reason I have found is that there are several areas that need to be corrected before this problem goes away.

scenario: MS-Outlook 2010, Windows 7 (logged into domain), Exchange Server 2007

1. in the workstations user accounts area, REMOVE any references to outlook accounts
2. In the servers IIS manager, check the authentication under Autodiscover. (under sites->sbs web applications->autodiscover) Windows Authentication should be the only one enabled.
3. Have the correct autodiscover parameter defined. In the Exchange server powershell (example: Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity internal-server-name.internal-domain -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover-hostname.domain/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml)

Be sure to restart the web publishing service after you make your changes in IIS.

If you do all of the above you should find your problem magically disappears. I found these out through much pain and toil so hopefully you will find that this works for you as well.

Mark Bolden
CEO / Lead Engineer
SGC, inc.

(in reply to Quintin1979)
Post #: 24
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 25.Jan.2012 2:45:36 PM   
smartguyus

I know some folks may have found these posts via Google as did I. I found like most that most suggested solutions did not work. The reason I have found is that there are several areas that need to be corrected before this problem goes away.

scenario: MS-Outlook 2010, Server 2008, Windows 7 (logged into domain), Exchange Server 2007

1. in the workstations user accounts area, REMOVE any references to outlook accounts

2. In the servers IIS manager, check the authentication under Autodiscover. (under sites->web applications->autodiscover) Windows Authentication should be the only one enabled.

3. Have the correct autodiscover parameter defined. In the Exchange server powershell (example: Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity internal-server-name.internal-domain -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover-hostname.domain/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml)

Be sure to restart the web publishing service after you make your changes in IIS.

If you do all of the above you should find your problem magically disappears. I found these out through much pain and toil so hopefully you will find that this works for you as well.

< Message edited by smartguyus -- 25.Jan.2012 2:47:46 PM >

Mark Bolden
CEO / Lead Engineer
SGC, inc.

(in reply to Quintin1979)
Post #: 25
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 25.Jan.2012 8:16:44 PM   
Quintin79

pretty sure IIS has nothing to do with it unless the client is connecting using RPC over HTTP. if its just a local direct connection to the server, then IIS will not be in your way.

(in reply to smartguyus)
Post #: 26
RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange - 25.Jun.2013 7:41:57 PM   
MarathonIT

Like someone else here, I registered here just to say thanks to GlenKnight for this posting. I struggled all afternoon trying to resolve this. This did it for me. The whole security thing thing has made MS environments so convouted that it's a wonder this stuff ever works. I have no idea why those setttings were no longer at theri defaults.

Hopefully someone else will stumble across this post and end some frutration.

(Outlook 2007 SP3 - Exchange 2010 SP2 w RU6 - SBS2011)

< Message edited by MarathonIT -- 25.Jun.2013 7:46:13 PM >

(in reply to glenknight)
Post #: 27

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Outlook Prompting for Passwords to Connect to Exchange Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter