• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

external emails to mail enabled public folders are received as post

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> external emails to mail enabled public folders are received as post Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
external emails to mail enabled public folders are rece... - 30.Apr.2008 9:28:01 AM   
r0k

Hi there

I have an Mail enabled Public Folder and the external incoming mail there gets the Posting icon instead of the Envelope icon. When I send an e-mail internally to that public folder it gets an e-mail icon.

Anyone knows why it is like this? And if there is an solution to it?
Post #: 1
RE: external emails to mail enabled public folders are ... - 1.May2008 3:47:33 PM   
frjo

Try this register change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<ServerName>\Public-<GUID>
Value name: Incoming defaults to IPM.Note
Value type: DWORD
Value data: 1

You have to restart Exchange Information Store service to get it working 

Info
The default behavior without the registry key is that incoming messages appear as IPM.Post.
If you set the registry value to 0 (zero), the default behavior continues, and incoming messages appear as IPM.Post.
If you set the registry value to 1, the behavior changes, and new SMTP mail messages from a non-MAPI source appear as IPM.Note.
To enable this functionality, you must configure these registry settings on all Exchange servers that host
public folders. You do not have to configure these registry settings on Exchange servers that do not host
public folders. Additionally, you must configure these registry settings for each public folder database on
the particular server where you want to enable this functionality.

(in reply to r0k)
Post #: 2
RE: external emails to mail enabled public folders are ... - 5.May2008 4:23:29 AM   
r0k

Thank you very much. That did it. We recently installed a second Exchange and since then the problem occured.

(in reply to frjo)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> external emails to mail enabled public folders are received as post Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter