• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error in Mounting Public Folder Database

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Error in Mounting Public Folder Database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error in Mounting Public Folder Database - 1.May2008 4:36:31 AM   
atedja

Hi All,

How to change the Public Folder Database location which is used by Public Folder management Console ? I've created new one but when I mounted, it always saying or pointing out to old one. Here's the Error Message When I tried to Mount the Secondary DB Storage

--------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Exchange Error
Failed to mount database 'Public Folder Database'.

Public Folder Database
Failed
Error:
Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: MCLAREN\Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database; Error code: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-550)

OK

and then I created another new Database to create Public Folder, and it was successfully mounted.then I go to TOOLBOX and Public Folder Mgmgt. Console. to create new Public folder named 'x' and here's the Error Message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00

x
Failed

Error:
The operation cannot be executed because the public folder database 'MCLAREN\Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database' is not mounted. Mount the public folder database and try again.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
New-PublicFolder -Name 'x' -Path '\' -Server 'MCLAREN.itree.com.au'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it seems that Exchange Server 2007 doesn't recognize the newly created Public Folder Database that I created, as it asked for the FAILED to mount database

any kinds of idea or help is greatly appreciated as I've been struggling with this silly error message since 3 months ago.

Cheers,

/* I Appreciate all kinds of response */
Post #: 1
RE: Error in Mounting Public Folder Database - 7.May2008 4:10:12 AM   
atedja

Thanks God !

ESEUTIL /p "database path\databasename.edb" solve the problem !

Cheers,

/* I Appreciate all kinds of response */

(in reply to atedja)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Error in Mounting Public Folder Database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter