• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder - 1.May2008 12:39:48 PM   
byrtch

Hello,

Last evening I moved mailboxes from our 2k3 server over to our new 2k7 server and everything went pretty well with the exception that it seems to have broken everyone's tasks folders.

When Outlook loads (I'm using 2007), I have my tasks pane in the lower right corner of Outlook where it usually is but it is stuck on "loading...". My tasks are not there and I cannot enter any new tasks.

On another persons Outlook 2003, they are trying to print a calendar and receive the following error message: The taskpad cannot be printed because there is not an associated tasks folder or you do not have permission to view it. Ask the folder owner for permission to view the associated Tasks folder, remove the taskpad from the selected print style, or click OK to print the calendar without the taskpad.

Did I miss something simple in the mailbox move?
Any ideas on where to look to fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder - 2.May2008 3:46:39 AM   
neilho

Can't say I've seen that personally, but are tasks visible and accessible in OWA?

If so, how about running outlook.exe with the /resetfolders switch?

Neil Hobson
http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson
http://www.simple-talk.com/author/neil-hobson/

(in reply to byrtch)
Post #: 2
RE: Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder - 2.May2008 10:18:34 AM   
byrtch

Yesterday we were able to narrow down the problem a bit further. It only happens to people that are not running Outlook in cached mode. The people that are running Outlook in cached mode can see all their tasks. As soon as you switch Outlook back to non-cached mode the tasks just get stuck on "loading...".

This behavior seems to be consistent for all of our users - Outlook 2003 or 2007.

We did try the /resetfolders switch on a few different machines yesterday and to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(in reply to neilho)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Move mailboxes breaks Tasks Folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter