• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

help me about the mail send out

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> help me about the mail send out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
help me about the mail send out - 7.May2008 2:15:00 AM   
colorlight

Dear All:

i have two exchange server , one is frond-end server ,we can named it as F01;other one is back-end server , we can named it as B01.

Both of these two exchange 2003 server , i found only one "Routing Group" , my meaning is both the exchange server share this "Routing Group". And in the System Manager\Server\ , i also found the frond and back-end server be listed together.

Ok, what i wanted ? I just want to let the frond-end exchange server send out/receive mail only , the back-end server only reponsed for mail and folder store.

Maybe there are some solution to fit my request , like smarthost and SMTP connector and so on. But , i am new man on exchange server.....I try to search some help document in microsoft website , but the result is not good.I think this website and forums is great , so anyone can give some help for this problems ? Thanks a lot.
Post #: 1
RE: help me about the mail send out - 7.May2008 5:05:42 AM   
colorlight

, where is the hero ? why nobody help me ?

(in reply to colorlight)
Post #: 2
RE: help me about the mail send out - 7.May2008 7:25:40 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

can you go through this white paper...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E64666FC-42B7-48A1-AB85-3C8327D77B70&displaylang=en

(in reply to colorlight)
Post #: 3
RE: help me about the mail send out - 8.May2008 6:51:43 AM   
colorlight

Hello , Hero:

I have to check the microsoft complex documents , but i am lucky , i get some usefully information .

Now the status is that i can forward all the sending mail from Back-end to Front-end by the SmartHost .

You know , i have two networking adapter in my front-end server , for example , one is named A, other one is named B . We have two public IP address point to these two networking adapter seperatly. And , LAN IP address A is what i wanted for the frond-end , the IP address B is for ftp.

I configure IP address A as the default SMTP virtual server IP address(no other SMTP virtual server except the default one) , you know, if do like that , sending mail out should be through the IP address A ,not B right ?

But the strange thing is mail go out by the IP address ( except i disable IP address B , it will switch to IP address A).

As i already write above , a Public IP address is point to LAN IP address A , and i make a reverse dns point to this Public IP address .

So , how to configure to make mail sending out through IP address A ,nor IP address B ?

Thanks a lot !

Hero come on ,please.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 4
RE: help me about the mail send out - 8.May2008 10:09:32 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

see this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265293

(in reply to colorlight)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> help me about the mail send out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter