Out of office to allias does not work (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS

rkerkhof -> Out of office to allias does not work (22.May2008 8:25:09 AM)

When a user with more e-mail addresses on 1 mailbox activate de Out Of Office.
Only senders who send to de default reply address of that mail box received an ooo reply. When you send to a alias, the mail will be delivered in the mail box but no ooo message will be send.
We use Exchange 2003 SBS.
I hope that someone knows how to fix this problem....

Sembee -> RE: Out of office to allias does not work (22.May2008 6:42:38 PM)

Does all email come in via SMTP?
It shouldn't matter what email address is used, the OOTO message would still be generated.

Simon.

rkerkhof -> RE: Out of office to allias does not work (23.May2008 3:22:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sembee

Does all email come in via SMTP?
It shouldn't matter what email address is used, the OOTO message would still be generated.

Simon.

Yes, all email come in via SMTP.
And the MX-record with the highest priority for that domain indicate to the Exchange server.

Raimond

uemurad -> RE: Out of office to allias does not work (23.May2008 11:16:46 AM)

Just to confirm your understanding of OOF (the abbreviation used by Microsoft), a message is only returned the first time a unique sending address sends a message to a mailbox, not a particular recipient address.

As an example, let's say I have a mailbox where my primary SMTP address is dean.uemura@company.com and I also have an alias on the same mailbox uemurad@abc.org and I've enabled OOF.

If you sent a message to my abc.org alias as the first message to me, you would receive the OOF message in return.  If you then sent a message to my company.com address, you would not get an OOF.  Likewise, if the first message you sent was to company.com you'd get the OOF and if the second message was to abc.org you would not.

rkerkhof -> RE: Out of office to allias does not work (23.May2008 5:40:01 PM)

This was it indeed, thank you very much for the clear explanation.
When we tested it, we used first de default email.
So it isn't a problem at all.
thanks.

Raimond

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (24.Oct.2017 9:31:04 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Page: [1]