• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 - 11.Jul.2008 1:45:37 PM   
jhyzy

That's great for you, unfortunately we do not have the budget or resources for such tasks.  IT does not have a high priority at my company, so we are forced to get by as best we can.  Last I checked VMware and Microsoft licenses are not free

(in reply to Sembee)
Post #: 21
RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 - 12.Jul.2008 9:04:47 AM   
Sembee

All of Microsoft's virtual server products are free, and VMWARE have a free version as well (VMWARE Server). That has been the case for at least 18 months. The high end VMWARE products aren't free, but then they are higher end.

Simon.

Simon Butler,
Exchange MVP
Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
Web: http://www.amset.info/
In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
Exchange Resources: http://exbpa.com/

(in reply to jhyzy)
Post #: 22
RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 - 14.Jul.2008 8:33:57 AM   
jhyzy

OK you win.  I did not post here to argue about lab setups, what I wanted to know was whether or not anyone has experienced problems with the hotfix with non vista machines

(in reply to Sembee)
Post #: 23
RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 - 22.Jul.2008 8:46:55 AM   
mdwasim

Come-on Man!!.. I really trust experts sitting here, helping for no cost, when they comment on issues that means they have passed though problem, thats how they become experts..
and so many guys have used this patch to fix the issue...

(in reply to jhyzy)
Post #: 24
RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 - 24.Jul.2008 5:03:21 PM   
mb2k01

jhyzy - I can answer the question that you keep asking...
From my experience, when installing the hotfix it caused absolutely no issues within my exchange enviroment. It did exactly what it advertised (allowing Vista users to use OWA!) and nothing else!

What I would stress, is that an admins network is often best known by the admin. If you have a deep concern over applying the hotfix on your system you should take every safety procaution you can (backups which have been tested, lab tests, anything to put your mind at ease!)

That's my disclaimer out of the way (i.e if you apply it and it goes wrong "it aint my fault!") - but as long as your server is stable and has no other issues you should really have nothing to worry about.

With that said....
I have had some Vista users report to me that they get the yellow info-bar appear when they first use the hotfixed OWA asking them to install the addin for DHTML from Microsoft.
That certainly wasn't a problem with us - I just instructed the users that it was safe to do and they went ahead and did it.
A lot of Vista users didn't get it though - so I would assume the ones who had the info bar didn't have latest windows updates or something.

Cheers

Mark Braham
ICT Network Manager / Cluster Support Manager
Brannel School

(in reply to Sembee)
Post #: 25

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> RE: Cannot reply email with OWA with Windows Vista & IE7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter