• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Attachement issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Attachement issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attachement issue - 30.May2008 5:53:43 AM   
nda

Hi,

We have a Exchange 2007 sp1 on site.
We didn't had any attachement issue since yesterday. The Boss sent an excel sheet (63Ko) as attachement to someone external to our company. The receiver well receive the mail, but without attachement. This person didn't had neither any attachement issue before... So it seems to be an issue only between us and this person. This guy use outlook Express.

When looking in the firewall log, size of mail seems to show that attachement are still there. I don't see anything attachement related in the Exchange troubelshooting assitant.

The external user's mail are hosted by his ISP (EDPnet in Belgium) so that i don't think they will remove any attachement without notification. I contacted them but they only asked me to check that Outlook express is well configure to accept attachement wich can eventually contain virus (Tools->Option->Security). This was well configured.

The same mail with the same attachement has been sent to my personnal e-mail (Gmail) without problem and then i transfered this mail from my gmail address to the receiver and he received well the e-mail with attachement.

As the initial mail was sent in Text format, i tried also in HTML format, but result is the same.

Any idea on this very strange issue?

Nico
Post #: 1
RE: Attachement issue - 30.May2008 9:31:09 AM   
nda

Update :

Outlook Express seems to accept correctly only Plain Text e-mail... And our default remote domain in our Hub Transport configuration was to force RTF... New remote domain added to allow Text to this guy!

Nico

(in reply to nda)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Attachement issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter