• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 24.Jun.2008 5:33:50 AM   
chanaka1980

We are using Exchange server 2003 sp2. We have 8000 mailboxes. We are using Exchange Clusters. (Cluster exchange server  forward mails to Bridgehead Server then Bridgehead forward mails to DMZ network SMTP server then mails going to internet)  
(All the servers have the enough hard disk space and memoryís (6GB) Mem and 1TB HD)

My issue is most daysí morning time local mails are very slow. When I check the queues I can see message waiting to be routed (***** mails) and local delivery (*** mails).

It takes nearly 1 hour to delivery the mail to local users. What is the reason? Itís not giving any event errors.

Sometimes flow is going without having any issue. This happens for (10.30 am to 12 pm) that time range.

Please support to me.
Post #: 1
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 24.Jun.2008 9:30:06 AM   
uemurad

Are you sure you aren't trying to treat the symptom and not getting to the root cause?  In other words, are you sure this isn't a networking issue?  What significance does that time range have for your business?  Is some processing going on that sends a lot of data between sites?  Are a lot of people checking and replying to messages during that time?  Do you have a process that blasts out a lot of Email?

On the Exchange side, when do your Maintenance routines run on your Mailbox Stores?  By default they run in the middle of the night, but you didn't mention how wide spread your servers are.  Are you running archival software that is pulling data at that time?

I'm trying to give you the idea that there are many potential causes, and you know your environment better than you could explain in a post.  While this could turn out to be an Exchange issue, more often than not the cause is external.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to chanaka1980)
Post #: 2
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 25.Jun.2008 1:14:21 AM   
chanaka1980

Hi Unmurad,

Thanks for your reply. I know you are one of exchange expert, I hope may be you can help me. This case happen most of time 2 times per day, some days itís wonít happen. I donít know what the reason is.

Network connectivity is working fine, when I check the from my cluster environment I can connect the bridgehead servers, even Primary Domain as well as the GC also fine.

Iím very sure we donít have network issue, our LAN bandwidth is 1GB, actually we have 8000 mail boxes everybodyís checking the mails. When I check the CUP usage most of time 50% 43% like that.

Our database maintains times are 2AM to 7 AM. We are running the backup for 4 pm in the evening and purging the database log.

If you can give me idea to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
Chanaka.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 25.Jun.2008 9:19:05 AM   
uemurad

Is everyone in your environment running Outlook in cache mode?
During the times that messaging is slow, is the CPU utilization higher?
Are all 8000 people in the same time zone?  Are you sure it isn't just a matter of a lot of people checking Email simultaneously?
Does your server send outbound messages directly to external addresses, or do you send them to a smarthost?  How many queues appear for the server?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

Post #: 4
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 12:32:21 AM   
chanaka1980

Thanks for your reply, some userís r running cache mode not all. I was check the CPU Utilization itís most of time 65% otherwise is 45% like that range.

We are using Bridgehead server and Smart host as well, all the mails forward to our DMZ smart host (its separate server).

Mails are queuing on the Message waiting to be routed. on there I can see 9000 / 10000 mails on there.
I was enable the diagnostics logging on the exchange server; there I enable the MSExchange transport (audits) when the mail is queuing its give the error. Below you can see the error.

ďThe following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg to the store failed. Error code : -2147221240 (Message-ID <448B1CD839AEB54392AAE8C9F09BAB5E023FC5D8@GXCHVS01.elk.*****.com>). MDB : 73fe2eda-8f11-441b-94fc-bd15558fc637. FID : 4-8B09A99. MID : 1-23FC5D8. File : .

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp

MDB : is our one storage.

EVENT ID :   327
Source :       MSExchange transport
Type  :          warning
Category :    Exchange Store Drive.

If you can give me support.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 3:26:20 AM   
mdwasim

Hello Friends,

I remember about this error, not sure where i read an article on this. its realted to information store curruption. I will suggest to run isinteg on store. hopefully this will fix 327 error.

Try a search on microsoft. they must be having article on this for sure.

Thanks.

Post #: 6
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 3:29:07 AM   
mdwasim

one more thing, before running any kind of test on store its a good to have a recent full backup of store. so please take care of this also.

(in reply to mdwasim)
Post #: 7
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 9:25:35 AM   
uemurad

When you look at the queue, are there commonalities for any of the first few listed  each time this occurs (sending address, recipient address, etc.)?  Perhaps there is a malformed message coming through?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

Post #: 8
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 12:24:42 PM   
chanaka1980

hi uemurad,

this happen while shending and receving mail, i don't know why.

what should i do now.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 9
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 1:47:06 PM   
uemurad

Use Message Tracking to check one of the messages that was delayed.  According to the timestamps, what process shows the delay?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

Post #: 10
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 26.Jun.2008 10:06:30 PM   
choppol

Have you created a new smtp virtual server? might be a corrupted virtual server. Can't remember if e2k3 still have smtpreinstall. Might also but corrupted smtp protocol.

check if the queue folder in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi1 folder (that's if you left it in the default) and remove the oldest email and see what happens.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 11
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 28.Jun.2008 12:48:49 AM   
chanaka1980

thanks for your support, we created new storage and move mailboxes to new storage.

hope problem will solve.

Thanks for your all the comments & support.

(in reply to choppol)
Post #: 12
RE: Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) - 28.Jun.2008 1:14:28 AM   
uemurad

I'll be curious to hear if that works, and more importantly what led you to believe that would make a difference.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Mail Queues (message waiting to be routed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter