Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

rishishah -> Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (26.Jun.2008 8:50:39 AM)

I have two exchange 2007 servers.

Both carry out the CAS/HUB/Mail role. I dont have a Edge and hence have configured my Hubs to send and receive internet mail

They are both on the same network subnet and the same Active Directory site.

However as i have two internet connection on this domain, one server has the gateway set to one router and the other server has it set to other router.

I have setup the MX records correctly so that mail can come across both internet connections and this works just fine.

However for outgoing mail, only the 1st Hub transport server i put in works. The 2nd Hub Transport server will not send mail out although they are both set within the Send Connectors within the Organisation Configuration / Hub Transport section.

I know that outgoing SMTP is NOT being blocked by the firewalls.

What else should i be looking at?

rishishah -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (1.Jul.2008 6:14:03 AM)

Any Ideas?

vsin11 -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 12:14:36 AM)

Set up two Send Connectors using the two servers respectively... try changing the Cost of 2nd Hub server to 1 and 1st Hub server to 2 to test out.
Did the mails go through or are stuck in queue...

rishishah -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 4:21:13 AM)

Good Point. I did this and see that the messages are simply queued on the mailbox server (server 1) and cannot go to the other hub server (server2).

However server2 can receive e-mail and can forward it to server1.

Its just that if a user with a malbox on server1 writes a mail and i setup the send connector to allow only server2 to send internet messages than the message is queued on server1.

The error is:
The 'Remote delivery' queue (server1\842) on server server1 is in retry status. Number of message(s) in the queue: 3. Last error information: 451 4.4.0 DNS query failed. The error was: SMTPSEND.DNS.NonExistentDomain; nonexistent domain.

I have checked the DNS and both on server1 and server2 the resolution is correct.

There is no firewall running on either servers.

What else should i looking for especially considering that if mail comes in from the internet from server2 than it is passed to server1 for delivery to a mailbox.

Thanks.

rishishah -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 5:08:14 AM)

Currently also seeing this error within the Troubleshooting agent.

server2 failed the mail acceptance test. BDAT command: Respond = Remote socket is not available

vsin11 -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 5:24:45 AM)

Are you able to telnet Server2 at port 25 from Server1...?

rishishah -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 5:33:44 AM)

Yes this works just fine.

I can even use the commands and send the mail....but it just gets queued.

vsin11 -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 6:00:00 AM)

must be something to do with the Send Connector... please double check the permissions and type.. :-/

rishishah -> RE: Sending mail via two Hub Transport Servers (8.Jul.2008 7:21:15 AM)

Okay after looking at the logs i get the following error when server1 tries to send mail to server2 for outward delivery

451 5.7.3 Cannot Achieve Exchange Server Authentication

Exchange server authentication is ticked on server1 and server2 default receive connector.

Looks like http://blog.sbsfaq.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83 suffers the exact same issue. So its not just me.

What is irritating is that the receive connector works when mail comes from server2 to server1....but not when it comes from server1 to server2.

Page: [1]