Error Installing Exchange Best Practice Analyzer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

ZiPPygEEk -> Error Installing Exchange Best Practice Analyzer (1.Jul.2008 12:48:23 PM)

Hello everybody! I am new to Exchange and the forums. 

I have ran into a problem when I attempt to install Microsoft Exchange Best Practice Analyzer v2.8.  We are having some performance issues with our Exchange server at the office and I felt this would be a good tool.

When I attempt to install ExBPA I receive the following error:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'ExBPA.msi' in the box below.

I have changed the location to where the ExBPA.msi file exists, which is
C:\Program Files\ExBPA\en\ExBPA.msi

But I then receive the following error when I double click on the .msi icon:
The file 'C:\Program Files\ExBPA\en\ExBPA.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. Try to find the installation package 'ExBPA.msi' in a folder from which you can install Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or how I'm suppose to install ExBPA.  Can somebody please guide me through the installation process or explain what I'm doing wrong to receive these error messages. 

I have also tried to uninstall an older version of ExBPA that was already installed, but I received the same first error show above.

Thanks for your help.

ZiPPy

uemurad -> RE: Error Installing Exchange Best Practice Analyzer (1.Jul.2008 1:58:21 PM)

Try installing it on your workstation.  You can run it from there.

ZiPPygEEk -> RE: Error Installing Exchange Best Practice Analyzer (1.Jul.2008 5:08:57 PM)

Thank you!! That worked like a charm.

Page: [1]