• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help please...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help please... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help please... - 3.Jul.2008 1:43:22 PM   
roshan_x

Hi,

I have a problem with exchange 2007. We have two sites and two Exchange servers connected via VPN tunnel. We recently bought a MPLS link. the problem is when we move to Exchange servers to MPLS, mail are queued in the both servers and getting this error "451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: 421 4.4.2 connection dropped, "Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not success. Either there no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts. "
But I can ping/RDP in to each other without any issue.
Latency different in the links (VPN - avg 300ms and MPLS - avg 359ms)

Thanks
Roshan
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help ple... - 3.Jul.2008 2:15:45 PM   
John Weber

How did you have your receiveconnector configured on each HT before?

Can you telnet to the server on port 25?  What happens to that connection?

Could be that the change to the MPLS has changed the relationship between the default receiveconnector on each HT.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to roshan_x)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help ple... - 3.Jul.2008 2:34:12 PM   
roshan_x

Hi,

We did not do any change to the HT connector. And we only added static route to the both the Exchange servers to talk through MPLS link.

Event I can telnet to port 25 vice versa without any problem.

Thanks

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help ple... - 7.Jul.2008 11:45:25 PM   
vsin11

Check the event logs of the server. Is there any certificate error like "Inbound direct trust certificate with thumbprint 377ADDF79A8C9292A306E867A7C7C1EE3958C0DD has expired."

If yes you have to remove the existing certificate and run New-ExchangeCertificate to generate a new direct trust certificate.

Vinay Pal Singh
http://smarthost.blogspot.com

(in reply to roshan_x)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help ple... - 15.Jul.2008 4:07:09 PM   
roshan_x

I could not find any error related.

thanks

(in reply to vsin11)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Exchange server connectivity - Can anybody help please... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter