• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Transport service failed to start after installing Rollup 3

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Transport service failed to start after installing Rollup 3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transport service failed to start after installing Roll... - 19.Jul.2008 4:44:26 AM   
AlexSlv

Hi All,

Has anyone got into the same issue? Transport service won't start after installing Rollup 3 (x64) for Exchange 2007 SP1 (non RTM). Trying to start the service manually gives the following error:

Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Transport service on Local Computer
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

There is one Event in System section:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date:  19/07/2008
Time:  09:24:31
User:  N/A
Computer: MAILSERVER
Description:
The Microsoft Exchange Transport service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any thoughts?

Alex
Post #: 1
RE: Transport service failed to start after installing ... - 19.Jul.2008 5:19:52 AM   
AlexSlv

Just Fixed!

Solution worked for me:

For some reason the only Exchange service with NT Authority Network logon was Transport. I am not sure whether it was changed during update or was like that before, but changing it to Local System did solve the problem immediately.

Best Luck

Alex

(in reply to AlexSlv)
Post #: 2
RE: Transport service failed to start after installing ... - 19.Jul.2008 1:48:16 PM   
osnabrugge

I've run into the same issue, and I've also confirmed that pre-update rollup 3 does have the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service set to log on with the local Network Service account.

Not sure why this is failing, but it appears we are not alone:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/07/08/449161.aspx

Anyone contact PSS in regards to this yet?

(in reply to AlexSlv)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Transport service failed to start after installing Rollup 3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter