• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 6.Aug.2008 1:40:02 PM   
lancemfreeman

Please help - I have been racking my brain for the past 4 days trying to figure out what to make of this error.  I have turned off an smtp security feature on our cisco firewall, gotten dnsstuff reports back and all seems fine.  This just started this past Friday and no changes have been made on my end.  I can send to basically any other email address successfully.  Any clues?

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
 <mail.fakecompany.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 Transaction Failed Spam Message not queued.>
Post #: 1
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 8.Aug.2008 4:15:58 PM   
jveldh

The problem is that the recipient mailservers will see your mail as spam mail. Please contact the postmaster of the recipient mailservers to check how you can come to a solution, for example whitelisting

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to lancemfreeman)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 8.Aug.2008 4:39:43 PM   
lancemfreeman

Unfortunately I have tried that and they say no to whitelisting. Lucky for me!

Thanks though.

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 8.Aug.2008 5:04:54 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

What you can do is have a look if your blacklisted somewhere, this can be done on the following site:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Also try to find out what kind of mailes are send to them.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

Post #: 4
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 8.Aug.2008 5:13:14 PM   
lancemfreeman

That was one of the first places I looked.  All greens for me except the very last 4 were time outs. 

I am crossing my fingers because Tuesday we are getting a new ISP for that domain with a new IP address.  I am praying that fixes the issue.  Their mail server just doesn't like my domain. 

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 9.Aug.2008 7:32:55 AM   
jveldh

Hi,

Yeah maybe this hopes but the postmasters from the domain could tell you exactly why they block your messages. But you already contatcted them you said earlier, maybe you have to talk to someone on the management level from their company if it is mail that should arrive because of your business.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

Post #: 6
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 2.Oct.2008 4:21:39 PM   
bankrboy30

Just out of curiosity my friend...were the domains hotmail and MSN and is your ISP Optimum Boost with Hostway?  I am having the exact same issue except that we cannot get any outgoing mail at all now -- (it originally started with just Hotmail/MSN)

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 23.Nov.2008 9:39:36 PM   
empower

i had this happen recently myself, got blocked by a couple of ISP's

aol and bigpond - it turned out the IP address i was sending from was on some list, i had to suggest to my new ISP that they give me a new IP in a different range, this sorted the problem.

the IP i had was listed here http://www.commtouch.com/site/Resources/check_IP_reputation.asp

(in reply to bankrboy30)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks - 4.Dec.2008 4:16:40 PM   
lancemfreeman

Thanks for that link.  The problem has resurfaced and the IP address of my other company came back as occasionally sends spam!  Unreal!  I reported it as a clean IP and hopefully they can clear me up quick - I have some aggitated employees. 

As for the other question - my ip is not hosted by the one you listed and it was not MSN or Hotmail account bouncebacks, it was a private company.

(in reply to empower)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Problem sending to 2 domains - Bouncebacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter