• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't login using POP3, IMAP or Exchange but can with OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Can't login using POP3, IMAP or Exchange but can with OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't login using POP3, IMAP or Exchange but can with OWA - 7.Aug.2008 4:09:31 PM   
auchenberg

Hi All

To make a long story short, I installed a new Exchange 2007 server because my old one lost its NIC due to Hyper-V related issues. Because of that I removed the old exchange server (manuely) from the domain and installed a new one.

The exchange server is fully working. The users can login via OWA, send & receive emails without any problems.

But its not possible to connect to the server via POP, IMAP, Exchange or ExchangeRPC (outlookAnywhere). I tried both externaly and localy (using the hostname / local ip), without any sucesss.

POP3 and IMAP connection:
The POP3 and IMAP service is running and working - checked via telnet. The issue is that I can't login with my user.

Exchange & ExchangeRPC connection:
AutoDiscovery has beeen configured correctly, and all the urls are correct - Checked via outlook rpc diag. The problem is that Im getting this error:

The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange

Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this

action.

My google research shows that this error-message seems to be a classic one, with a lot of different issues behind.

It seems to me that this issue is related to the user-validation since IMAP, POP3 and the Exchange protocol services are running, but I cant login within any of these.

Does anyone of you out there, know a solution to this issue?

Thanks...
Post #: 1
RE: Can't login using POP3, IMAP or Exchange but can wi... - 7.Aug.2008 5:01:47 PM   
Elan Shudnow

This may seem like a ridiculous method to resolve the issue, but try re-installing Outlook.  I had this same exact issue with a client with them being fine with OWA but that message happened.  For every system that had the issue we tried a bunch of things but re-installing Outlook worked on every PC that had the issue.

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to auchenberg)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Can't login using POP3, IMAP or Exchange but can with OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter