• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Where are "delayed delivery" messages queued - Exchange 2003/OL2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Where are "delayed delivery" messages queued - Exchange 2003/OL2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are "delayed delivery" messages queued ... - 12.Aug.2008 10:58:32 PM   
zenzenhotpop

Hi,
Basically I'd like to see what is queued up for delayed delivery, but can't find where to look!

We have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 server.
A couple of users send emails as "delayed delivery", by setting options in the email (Outlook 2000). It works fine, messages are sent at the desired time.

BUT... where are the pending messages kept?

MS KB Q196072 says:
"When the delivery point is set to Personal Folders, the delayed mail leaves the Outbox and goes to Sent Items. However, the mail is actually waiting on the server to be delivered. When the delivery point is set to Exchange Server, the delayed mail stays in the Outbox until delivery because the mail is already on the server."

We are delivering to personal folders - so they aren't in the outbox.
If it's 'waiting on the server to be delivered' where is it kept? All of the exchange queues are empty, including "messages queued for deferred delivery".

Any ideas? Been googling all day about this.

Thanks
Craig.

PS outlook 2003 keeps pending messages in the outbox. It's the OL2000 computers that the pending messages can't be viewed.
Post #: 1
RE: Where are "delayed delivery" messages que... - 13.Aug.2008 1:36:40 AM   
uemurad

It doesn't appear in the queues because it isn't trying to be delivered yet.
Why do you want to know?  Are you having some sort of issue?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to zenzenhotpop)
Post #: 2
RE: Where are "delayed delivery" messages que... - 13.Aug.2008 2:25:21 AM   
zenzenhotpop

Hi,
We are using deferred delivery to send monthly reminder emails to external customers, and sometimes want to cancel the email.

However I can't find where they are queued up - After the email is sent from outlook it is not appearing in outlook's outbox, the exchange mailbox or the "messages queued for deferred delivery" queue on the exchange server.

So, where does the message go on the server? Is it queued up somewhere else which is not able to be viewed or managed?

Thanks
Craig.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Where are "delayed delivery" messages que... - 16.Sep.2008 4:29:52 PM   
justindurow

Have you used the MFCMapi Utility ( http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/b/f/abff6157-765f-4416-b219-e573f092dac6/mfcmapi_source.exe ) from Microsoft? This utility shows hidden messages. 

(in reply to zenzenhotpop)
Post #: 4
RE: Where are "delayed delivery" messages que... - 17.Sep.2008 4:06:38 AM   
zenzenhotpop

Thanks for the tip, that tool looks extremely powerful (& capable of severe damage!!)
While the queued messages are not causing any big problems it's annoying not to be able to find them.

(in reply to justindurow)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Where are "delayed delivery" messages queued - Exchange 2003/OL2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter