• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

User cannot create folders under All Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> User cannot create folders under All Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User cannot create folders under All Public Folders - 28.Aug.2008 4:44:47 PM   
sfaryu

Hi,

We just migrated from 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  Right now, all users are homed to the Public folder on the Exch 2003 server.

The problems I have is that any users (not domain admins) cannot create any folders under the All Public Folder top level folder.

I checked the permissions on the "All Public Folder" and the Everyone group has the ability to "create folders and items".

I thought anyone can created folders under the general "All Public Folder".  Is there anyway I can find out if the permissions on "All Public Folder" is correct?

TIA

Tom
Post #: 1
RE: User cannot create folders under All Public Folders - 28.Aug.2008 5:46:17 PM   
mreedy

You might want to download PFDAVAdmin.exe from Microsoft. This is a tool that I used on my migration from 2000 to 2003 with PF. I talked to a Microsoft Rep and this is what they were using to edit rights on folders. If you have all users allowed to create folders on the root of PF then you should be ok. Just make sure that you don't have any inheriated rights that is keeping you from it. Everyone should have root rights on the PF. They should only have rights on the folders that they need to have access too.
In the Exchange System Manager open your Administrative Groups and then click on Folders. Right click on Public Folders and check under the securities tab if everyone had the full or write permissions. I hope this helps.

Matt R

(in reply to sfaryu)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> User cannot create folders under All Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter