• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Check Names not showing contacts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Check Names not showing contacts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Check Names not showing contacts - 29.Aug.2008 6:49:54 AM   
trevytrev

Hello, I have a user who's outlook 2007 does not show any of his contacts only the GAL when he clicks on the check names button when creating a new email. It will show the names however when he clicks the button to show more names.

Within the address book I have set his contacts to be at the top of the list for the check names list, also set the contacts to be the first address book but it does not seem to work although its fine for all other users.

The only real difference I can see is that he has just over 6000 contacts where as everyone else only have around 500..

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be ! ?, thanks in advance

Trev

Post #: 1
RE: Check Names not showing contacts - 4.Sep.2008 7:26:15 AM   
waynehoggett

I've had a similar problem where a user has more than one contact folder and the contact folder bring checked didn't include the user's contacts. You could check for additional personal contacts folders.

If you only have one contacts folder, try creating another, moving a contact to it and see if Outlook will check names against that folder (once you list it to be checked against).

MCSA: Messaging
My Blog

(in reply to trevytrev)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Check Names not showing contacts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter