SMTP Delivery problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

spawforths -> SMTP Delivery problems (1.Sep.2008 7:19:08 AM)

We installed a new exchange 2007 system last week, now a couple of users have reported that a particular client has received bounce back messages as below. The majority of email is getting thru. Any one got any ideas?

SMTP error from remote server after transfer of mail text:
host mx2.x.co.uk[x.x.x.x]:
451 4.7.0 Timeout waiting for client input

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

jveldh -> RE: SMTP Delivery problems (1.Sep.2008 10:37:36 AM)

Hi,

Does this occur only with a specific domain or all domains ?
The mailserver which you are sending to is waiting for input from your mailserver but doesn't get it.

spawforths -> RE: SMTP Delivery problems (1.Sep.2008 11:54:56 AM)

It seems to be specific domains, I have managed to get them working for now. But I will monitor the situation. We have a IDP firewall in place so I need to keep an eye on that too.

Will TLS have any effect on this?

jveldh -> RE: SMTP Delivery problems (1.Sep.2008 2:21:57 PM)

Hi,

I don't think this is an issue because then you would get another error. But to be sure you can ask the postmaster of the domain you are sending to if he is using that.

manishrai81 -> RE: SMTP Delivery problems (2.Sep.2008 2:23:54 AM)

hi,
have you tried sending mail those reciepients through yahoo or hotmail, it might possible that reciepients server not responding properly
you can use smtp diag tool to check the recipint e-mail server are in reach or not from your exchange server

spawforths -> RE: SMTP Delivery problems (2.Sep.2008 2:54:26 AM)

Hi,

I did try that and they did get the email, although slighty delayed. When you say SMTP tool do you mean ones with exchange or other tools

Page: [1]