• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Email Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Email Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email Issues - 16.Sep.2008 12:25:42 PM   
lost_soul

Hi everyone out there,

I am new to Exchange 2007. Please kindly enlighten me.

I have this email domain (e.g) abc.com.au.

My domain is abc.com.

I would like to know what are the procedures for migrating my hosted email to my email server that is hosted internally? What are the things that i should take note?
Thanks in Advamce/
Post #: 1
RE: Email Issues - 16.Sep.2008 4:33:28 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

You need to ensure that your server contains the domain under the accepted domain as type authoritive. Also create an e-mail address policy which assigns the correct mail-addresses to the users.

Then change your external dns so the MX record points to your external IP-address which if assigned to your Exchange server.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to lost_soul)
Post #: 2
RE: Email Issues - 17.Sep.2008 8:30:23 AM   
lost_soul

You need to ensure that your server contains the domain under the accepted domain as type authoritive . . . i dont understand this part, mind to explain?

Also create an e-mail address policy which assigns the correct mail-addresses to the users . . . what email address policy are we looking at? Some of the users already got their emails . . .

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3
RE: Email Issues - 17.Sep.2008 2:07:16 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

On the organization configuration you have an tab called accepted domains, this are domains where Exchange can accept mail for.

You need to ensure that the domain which you want to host mail for is added to the accepted domains. When walking through the wizard you will be asked if the domain what the type is of this domain, one of the options is authoritive. This means that this mailserver is responsible for mail for that domain.

I something is unclear please let me know.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to lost_soul)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Email Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter