• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to configure OWA ???

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> How to configure OWA ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to configure OWA ??? - 19.Sep.2008 7:38:00 AM   
kentdax

Hi

I have never worked with Exchange 2007 before,just 5.5 to 2003. And that's fairly simple. I how now 2 hub servers and 1 mailbox server. How and from wich server do I configure access to OWA ?

I need to understand this both conceptual ( how does the OWA traffic flow to the cluster from the outside ? Does OWA reside on the same server as the mailboxes? It so very confusing with Exchange 2k7 and so much easier with Exchange 2k3 )
and in detail e.g a kind of step-by-step guide. The technican that installed the servers claim he did according to a standard CCR model.

Any help would be really appreciated !!!

best regards

Kent
Post #: 1
RE: How to configure OWA ??? - 19.Sep.2008 7:43:47 AM   
mark@mvps.org

You haven't got OWA because you haven't got a Client Access Server.
It's time to go to Amazon and get Jim McBee's book and perhaps also http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1597491373/isaserver1-20/ which is the featured book on the bottom left of your screen.

You will deploy a CAS and an MBX server as well as the HT. The CAS can be on the same box as the HT. You will HTTPS to the CAS (which has to be in the internal network, not the DMZ). The CAS will terminate HTTPS and then RPC to the MBX server. That's the 30k feet view. You need to do a good chunk of reading. I would also steer you away from CCR because you're so new to Exchange '07 unless you get a consultant in to advise you first.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to kentdax)
Post #: 2
RE: How to configure OWA ??? - 19.Sep.2008 10:16:40 AM   
abdulzis

For Exchange 2007, a good resource would be Technet.

Managing Client Access
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997850(EXCHG.80).aspx

AbdulAziz

(in reply to kentdax)
Post #: 3
RE: How to configure OWA ??? - 21.Sep.2008 4:20:29 PM   
kentdax

Hi

I just wanted to thank you for taking time to help me!! Your advice was very helpful !

best regards

Kent

(in reply to abdulzis)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> How to configure OWA ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter