• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to open outlook.bak file?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> How to open outlook.bak file? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to open outlook.bak file? - 24.Sep.2008 4:22:42 PM   
bluem

Hello,

A user that was working for my company has left and I am trying to get some of the emails on his hard drive. I noticed that he has an outlook.bak file.  Can someone tell me how to open this file or if I can retrieve emails from the file?  I tried to rename the file to .pst but that did not work.

thanks,
b
Post #: 1
RE: How to open outlook.bak file? - 24.Sep.2008 5:06:57 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Outlook won't generate you a BAK file and I'd suggest that PST renaming route if I encountered it. The other option is that it's an OST file but you either have to pray that you haven't deleted the persons' mailbox and account or if you have, you need to get an OST to PST conversion tool (google as there are several of them around).

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to bluem)
Post #: 2
RE: How to open outlook.bak file? - 9.Dec.2011 1:52:07 PM   
kapil.pcvita

When you are unable to open Outlook OST file which may get corrupted due to unavoidable reasons like various virus attack or Trojan attack, and you are unable to open OST files due to Exchange server down. All your above queries are get solved OST Recovery which is freeware you do not require to spend even a single bug on it to open OST File.

SysTools OST Recovery is a tool to convert OST files of MS Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003 and 2007 into PST files. You can recover and convert your OST files to Outlook PST very quickly with the help of SysTools OST Recovery Tool, which is extremely usefu

(in reply to bluem)
Post #: 3
RE: How to open outlook.bak file? - 13.Sep.2017 5:59:46 AM   
unitexmac

One of the best tool to recover and export OST file to PST file with entire details. This application is specially developed to repair corrupted or broken Outlook data file and store them new Outlook PST file format without losing or tempering any contents.

Read more: -
http://www.en.ost2pst.net/

(in reply to kapil.pcvita)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> How to open outlook.bak file? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter