• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 server at home

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 server at home Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 server at home - 30.Sep.2008 7:09:43 PM   
rrizzojr

Sometimes you just can't get hands on experience where you work and was wondering what it would take to setup an exchange 2003 server at home. Can it be done with basic cable internet connectivity.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 server at home - 30.Sep.2008 7:23:13 PM   
mark@mvps.org

You can do it with pretty much anything. Often you're going to have your ISP block SMTP inbound on domestic lines but that's not too much of a problem. Use a POP3 connector such as POPCON to collect all the mail over POP from your ISP accounts and then have it deliver mail to the SMTP interface on your server. Cunning solution that gets by any restrictions at your ISP.

Set your self up with a bunch of virtual machines (VMware or Virtual Server). Use the 32bit version of Exchange that's for lab/non production purposes and you're good to go.

Apart from that, just follow all the guidelines, tutorials and lord knows what else that you can get off this very site and of microsoft.com/exchange etc.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to rrizzojr)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2003 server at home - 15.Jan.2009 11:03:58 PM   
rrizzojr

Thank you for the response. I just downloaded the trial of POPCON which I will deploy as soon as I am all setup. I am in the process of getting my hands on a decent server that I will either setup with VMWare or Virtual Server.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 server at home Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter