Change server for Recipient Update Service (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

pvansch1 -> Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:21:32 PM)

We had a catostrophic server failure - Our AD server that was set up as the domain controller linked to RUS for our Exchange server was damaged beyond repair so it was replaced. I had to force move the FSMO's to the new server. Now in RUS it still shows the old server as the Domain controller for both Recipient Update Sevice (Enterprise Configuration) and Recipient Update Service (Wethersfield) If I try to change it I get and an error if I try to change the DC under the Enterprise Configuration - The Operation failed ID 80004005 Exchange System Manager.
How can I change the server?
Thanks, Pete

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:28:57 PM)

You can change the RUS Server using ADSIEDIT if ESM is behaving cranky.

pvansch1 -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:32:59 PM)

Can you explain how?
On which server will I be working Exchange or DC?
thanks,

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:40:39 PM)

Open Adsiedit.msc

Go to Configuration - Services - Microsoft Exchange - Organization - Address List Container - Recipient Update Service (Enterprise) - properties - attribute - msExchServer1NetworkAddress - type the FQDN of your new DC.

Apply - OK.

pvansch1 -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:50:20 PM)

OK
Do I need to restart any services or anything?
Thanks, Pete

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:55:05 PM)

Nope - no service restart is required.

pvansch1 -> RE: Change server for Recipient Update Service (2.Oct.2008 2:59:36 PM)

Thanks again,
hopefully this will resolve some of the slow GAL updates and new email account slowness to propagate out.

Page: [1]