• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event IDs 9334 and 9402

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Event IDs 9334 and 9402 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event IDs 9334 and 9402 - 2.Oct.2008 5:48:10 PM   
clayn

I am noticing the following in the application event log of our Exchange 2007 server:

Event ID: 9334
Source: MSExchangeSA

OALGen encountered error ffffffff while initializing the offline address list generation process. No offline address lists have been generated. Please check the event log for more information.
- /o=TMF/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Mail OAB

This is immediately followed by:

Event ID: 9402
Source: MSExchangeSA

OALGen failed to read the objectGuid attribute from offline address book (OAB) object '/o=TMF/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Mail OAB' in Active Direcotry. Please check security settings on this object. OAB generation will not be performed.

OAB seems to be working fine for Outlook 2003 clients, but the 2007 clients are not able to download the newest OAB. At first I thought this was because we had enabled SSL and were using a self signed security certificate. We are getting one from a CA. Then I saw these errors in the event log.

I googled up this: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3642373&SiteID=17
However, my circumstance is different since I do have files in the OAB virtual directory.
This: http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800462299/tm.htm but it has no resolution listed.
This: http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/Default.aspx?p=5 seems to describe the problem well, but the solution doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing it was written for the RTM version instead of SP1. I'm wondering if there is some different way of changing permissions so that OALGen can read from Active Directory.

Background: This is a new 2007 install still running in coexistance with 2003. Mailboxes and OAB are on the 2007 server.
Post #: 1
RE: Event IDs 9334 and 9402 - 2.Oct.2008 7:59:19 PM   
josh

I would suggest to check with the GlobalAddressList Attribute on the "Microsoft Exchange" container in the ADSIEDIT.
It should have the DistinguishName on the "Default GlobalAddressList"

(in reply to clayn)
Post #: 2
RE: Event IDs 9334 and 9402 - 3.Oct.2008 1:42:57 AM   
Exchange_Geek

quote:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3642373&SiteID=17
- talks about important cmdlet - have you tried this out - is your Availability Service in good shape (My guess is "NO")

Test-OutlookWebServices:

Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | fl

Check the number of .LZX files located at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\OAB
\\<SERVER name>\ExchangeOAB

If there are any dissimilarities, follow troubleshooting mentioned in KB 931744

(in reply to clayn)
Post #: 3
RE: Event IDs 9334 and 9402 - 6.Oct.2008 12:47:22 PM   
clayn

I tried what one of the posts on the link suggested and that seems to have fixed the problem. I'll cut 'n paste it here:

Using ADSIEdit:

1. Navigate to the ‘Default Global Address List’ object

CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=local

2. Go to the properties of the ‘Default Global Address List’ object
3. Copy the distinguishedName attribute of the ‘Default Global Address List’.

It should look similar to the one below.

CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=local

4. Navigate to the ‘Microsoft Exchange’ container.
CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=local

5. Go to properties of the ‘Microsoft Exchange’ container
6. Select the GlobalAddressList attribute and click Edit.
7. Paste in the distinguishedName attribute of the ‘Default Global Address List’ and click Add

8. Click OK twice to close out of the properties.
9. Replicate domain controllers
10. Rebuild the OAB again

(in reply to clayn)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Event IDs 9334 and 9402 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter