• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server Side Rule to Auto Reply to an Email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Server Side Rule to Auto Reply to an Email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server Side Rule to Auto Reply to an Email - 8.Oct.2008 10:23:38 AM   
ewichert

I have been asked to setup an auto reply rule on an unattended mailbox, based on what is on the subject line of an email.  Unfortunately, this is a client side rule and will not run unless the mailbox is opened and running in Outlook.  Everything I have found so far on the internet refers to Public folders, in which we have been told not to use because Microsoft is not going to support public folders in the future.

My question is, what is the proper way to create rules that will send an auto reply that meets certian criteria?  Can SharePoint do this?

(We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007)

Thanks,

Eric
Post #: 1
RE: Server Side Rule to Auto Reply to an Email - 8.Oct.2008 1:57:57 PM   
jveldh

Erik,

Have you tried this:

Configure Outlook 2007 for the account that you want to use Auto-Reply feature on.  In Outlook client go to Tools, Rules and Alerts.  Click on New Rule, under Start from blank rule choose Check messages when they arrive and hit Next.  Choose what you need in there and hit Next again.  Choose have server reply using a specific message and click on a specific message link.  Type in desired subject and message.  Hit Finish and you are set to go. 

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to ewichert)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Server Side Rule to Auto Reply to an Email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter