• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Users Cannot Receive External Emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Users Cannot Receive External Emails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Users Cannot Receive External Emails - 13.Oct.2008 3:23:57 AM   
dulisaid

Hi All;
I am very new to exchange and MS Server. The office users cannot receive external emails but they can send internal/external emails. Whenever you try to send an email to a user,it bounces back. The following are the details for the delivery failure:
Reporting-MTA: dns;col0-omc3-s5.col0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;COL103-W6
Arrival-Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:02:49 -0700
Final-Recipient: rfc822;ikanana@hydepark.co.ke
Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;nyambura@hydepark.co.ke
Action: failed

What could be the problem and how can it be resolved? Any help...pleaseee...Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Users Cannot Receive External Emails - 13.Oct.2008 7:43:48 AM   
jummy

hello,

Your last setence was rather unclear but i will assumed that you meant if external users tries to send you mail, they mesaage bounced back and they received the notification stating the delivery failure.
Also you didn't give us a full details of the Exchange server roles you deployed. if you have an edge server in place or not, but here again i am going to assumed you have a typical Exchange installation in-place (MB, CAS & HT).

if this describes your scenario, then ensure that on the EMC, under Server Configuration > Hub Transport > Receive Connectors >Properties of the Default Receive Connector, click of the Permission Groups tab, ensure that you have Anonymous Users checked.

Do this and let us know if it works

(in reply to dulisaid)
Post #: 2
RE: Users Cannot Receive External Emails - 13.Oct.2008 12:21:07 PM   
Exchange_Geek

DNS Problem.  Check the Smart host, or check your DNS. It means that there is no DNS server that can resolve this email address.  Could be Virtual Server SMTP address.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_NDR.htm

CAUSEloadTOCNode(1, 'cause');This issue may occur when the following conditions are true: •The SMTP connector is configured to forward e-mail messages to a smart host, and the SMTP connector has the Queue mail for remote triggered delivery option turned on.

Note The Queue mail for remote triggered delivery option is located on the Delivery Options tab of the SMTP Connector Name Properties dialog box.•The bridgehead server for the SMTP connector is moved to a different server.This issue occurs because the domain configuration table (DCT) that resides in memory on the original SMTP bridgehead server is not updated. By "original SMTP bridgehead server," we mean the server that was configured for the SMTP connector. This is the SMTP connector that did not have the Queue mail for remote triggered delivery option turned on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870921

@jummy: This post has been under forum 2003 and not 2007 - so i don't feel that it is an issue with MB or Hub roles.

(in reply to dulisaid)
Post #: 3
RE: Users Cannot Receive External Emails - 6.Jan.2009 4:59:49 AM   
lukebrynycz

Have you got an MX Record set up point at your external IP?  Give your domain host a call or apply online if you can access your own DNS records.  Without this record at your domain level, how is anyone going to know where mail to your domain routes to?

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Users Cannot Receive External Emails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter