• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backup Exchange 2003SBS to a new build

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Backup Exchange 2003SBS to a new build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backup Exchange 2003SBS to a new build - 25.Oct.2008 11:10:14 AM   
Danbabe

Hi guys,

I have had problems in the past with importing user's mailboxes in exchange on a re-build of the server.

I have used the built-in back up facility to backup the exchange default store without any problems. However, when I have re-built the server from scratch and created each user again in AD, importing the backup exchange store has produced errors. I think it's to do with the new re-build will have created a new SID for each user and will not accept the import from the old exchange store with the old user SID's. Does this sound correct?

It seems if you just keep the existing server build (i.e. have hardware problems) and import the backup exchange store, there are no problems. The problems seem to be when you have to re-build the server from scratch and therefore create the new AD accounts from scratch with a new SID therefore for each user.

Is anyone else finding this a problem and if so, any ideas how to rectify this?

What I am having to to for the moment is install Outlook 2003 locally on the SBS exchange server and create a profile for each user. Then pick up each user's emails within Outlook and export to a PSD file. When the new server is re-built, import the PSD file into the new user's mailbox and that seems to work fine but takes ages for 37 users with an average of 3 years emails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Backup Exchange 2003SBS to a new build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter