• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Editing OWA OOF page?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Editing OWA OOF page? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editing OWA OOF page? - 6.Nov.2008 12:59:53 PM   
richie65

Is it possible to add a link (or other HTML) to the OWA OOF wizard?

With Exchange / OWA 2007 now allowing users to send OOF to the outside world, we  have seen it create looping of NDR's - I expect that there will be other problems later on... We arent going to be able to disable it at this point - Its a University...

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to place a link to a "Warning" about enabling this feature - In the OOF Option in OWA...

I've been searching for details on this, but nothing helpful has presented its self using Google or TechNet.  Not sure where else to look. Any help / tip are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Editing OWA OOF page? - 7.Nov.2008 8:24:25 AM   
leederbyshire

Changing the GUI of OWA is never easy.  Try looking for the most recent foptoof.js file (it gets updated with each rollup), and add a function to it in Notepad:

function window.onload(){alert("Your message here");}

You will need to empty your internet cache to see a difference.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to richie65)
Post #: 2
RE: Editing OWA OOF page? - 7.Nov.2008 9:10:05 AM   
richie65

Thanks - I'll play with this in our testbed...

Am I correct in understanding that the 'foptoof.js' is overwritten anytime there is an update?

I see the 'foptoof.js' file is a few different locations (such as):

Do I need to edit each one?

~\Exchange 2007 sp1\setup\serverroles\clientaccess\owa\version\scripts\premium
~\Program Files\Microsoft\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\Current\scripts\premium
~\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\8.1.240.5\scripts\premium

(in reply to leederbyshire)
Post #: 3
RE: Editing OWA OOF page? - 7.Nov.2008 9:16:55 AM   
leederbyshire

When you are looking at the OWA OOF GUI, right-click it, and look at the source.  You should see which one is loaded.  It should be the one in the 8.1.240.5 heirarchy.  Each time you apply a rollup (and sometimes when you apply a hotfix), and new, higher numbered, heirarchy is added, and OWA will begin to use these new files instead of the one you modified.  It's also possible that one of the other loaded .js files has its own window.onload() function.  If so, it will either prevent your added one from executing, or yours will replace it.  You will need to make sure that everything continues to work as expected after you change the file.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to richie65)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Editing OWA OOF page? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter