• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Removed user cant recieve mail from server emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Removed user cant recieve mail from server emails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Removed user cant recieve mail from server emails - 10.Nov.2008 4:21:20 AM   
selfyselfy

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help, Our company runs small business server 2003 for just 6 users and our third party email accounts are set up through the exchange server.

Recently one user has had to move offices and as such their email and user needed removing from the server so a basic Pop3 account could be set up in their new location. This task has now been completed and the user is successfully sending and recieving mail from the third party account however the user is unable to recieve mail from those users still on the exchange server.

As the emails get bounced back to the sender immediately I pressume this is due to the exchange server still trying to send the mail internally to a user that no longer exists. So far all I have done is remove the users email from the pop3 connector and removed the users account in Server Management.

If anyone could advise which other settings I need to alter it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Removed user cant recieve mail from server emails - 20.Nov.2008 1:19:54 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

Check the event logs for events of the pop3 connector. There should be events when the pop3 connector is retrieving mail. Check if the connector does not try to retrieve mail for the specified user.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to selfyselfy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Removed user cant recieve mail from server emails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter