• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internal mailing not forwarding to external host

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Internal mailing not forwarding to external host Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internal mailing not forwarding to external host - 13.Nov.2008 6:21:20 AM   
garyl2k

Hi all,

First post, so will give you a small heads up on my knowledge of Exchange, I am a total novice. Never used Exchange in my life till this month, recently our company director asked if we could have something a little better then the sad webmail that we use at 1and1 Internet.

We are a small company and I have set myself a nice project or setting up OWA in exchange as an alternative.

I have had good luck so far with setting up and getting everything working in regards to sending and receiving emails but I have found a small problem!

I use eXchange POP3 5.0 as the middle man for picking up emails and delivering them into the right mailboxes. Works fine here, I then have a Send Connecter send out externally for all mail sent, this works too.

Since we use 1and1 to host our email we can't afford to go moving everything over to exchange, so as a backup plan I have it leave a copy of all emails left on 1and1 mailbox.

So we have it taking mail from 1and1 mailbox to internal exchange 2007 mail box using eXchange POP3 2007. We then have exchange send email using 1and1 SMTP and it emails to external email addresses.

Now, my problem is when we send emails internally it don't send out to the 1and1 mail boxes. So when staff members email each other it works fine on OWA and they receive the emails but if that fails and they use the 1and1 webmail as a backup they won't have staff emails since Exchange is internally emailing them and not sending them out!

I do hope this makes sense, as I have stated before I am a complete novice to exchange and at the moment I am learning on a "Do it and see what happens" basis.

Many thanks!

Gary
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Internal mailing not forwarding to external host Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter