• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 Hubs On the same site .

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 2 Hubs On the same site . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Hubs On the same site . - 17.Nov.2008 3:08:57 AM   
sjusq

Hello Experts .

Am asking if i have 2 hubs on the same site ( not load balanced ) , what should I

do more to route the messages to the other one when the first one is goes down .

do i need to build anything ? or the messages should automatically routed to the

other hub .

Thanks alot  

Post #: 1
RE: 2 Hubs On the same site . - 17.Nov.2008 9:01:53 AM   
Elan Shudnow

Hub Transports are automatically redundant.  There's a hidden Intrasite Send Connector.  The Mailbox Submission Service on the Mailbox Server scans for Hub Transport Servers ever 5 minutes and builds a list of Hub Transport Servers in its site.  When the Mailbox Submission Service has mail to send, it sends notification to the Hub Transport Servers in a round robin fashion as long as there's not a Hub Transport Role installed on the Mailbox Server itself since the Mailbox Server will always prefer the Hub Transport Server that is local first.

You can ovverride this behavor using Set-ExchangeServer -SubmissionServerOverrideList.  This will force the Mailbox Server to utilize a certain set of Hub Transport Servers.

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to sjusq)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 2 Hubs On the same site . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter