• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exsistant users

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exsistant users Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exsista... - 20.Nov.2008 5:02:01 AM   
martin.llewellyn

In Exchange 2007 i have a user that is recieving undeliverable messages when people invite her to a calendar appoitment from 2 users that havent been with the company for years,

I have searched through everything server side and cannot find no mention of them and also have been on local machine to check of any rules or groups that are setup and also have set up a new profile but the same error still occurs.

If anyone could give me some pointers on this would be much appriciated.

Thanks
Martin

Martin Llewellyn
Post #: 1
RE: When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exs... - 20.Nov.2008 5:07:10 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Under such circumstance I would check only two places.

1) Check delegates of the user whom you are sending to in OL - since this permission is saved in mailbox and the delegate information in AD - so if you change machine or OL profile, it would follow everywhere.

2) Check for forwarding option in ADUC - properties of the concerned user.

(in reply to martin.llewellyn)
Post #: 2
RE: When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exs... - 20.Nov.2008 6:48:28 AM   
martin.llewellyn

1) Check delegates of the user whom you are sending to in OL - since this permission is saved in mailbox and the delegate information in AD - so if you change machine or OL profile, it would follow everywhere.

I have checked this and the users are not in any of the delegates or forwarding lists.

2) Check for forwarding option in ADUC - properties of the concerned user.

There is nothing in the forwarding options either.

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 3
RE: When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exs... - 20.Nov.2008 6:58:26 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Well in that case take a ldp dump or search within attributes using ADSIEDIT Tool for this user and the affected ones to see if there is a co-relationship.

Post #: 4
RE: When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exs... - 20.Nov.2008 7:21:46 AM   
martin.llewellyn

Everything looks spot on in there too - no attributes even relating to the two users that the error is coming back from - its a puzzler!

Its fine with the e-mail its just the calendar part which makes it very strange.

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 5
RE: When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exs... - 1.Sep.2009 4:12:18 PM   
jassyca

This issue may have been fixed ages ago but just incase..

When you checked Outlook's permissions, did you just look at the permissions for the mailbox or did you also specifically check the permissions of the person's calendar too? A user can grant someone else access to their calendar and you won't see any hint about that access when you look at the permissions of the mailbox. We had the same problem happen here. Anytime someone invited PersonA to a meeting, they would get a message back that PersonB (who had been PersonA's assistant and who left last year for another job) did not have a valid mailbox. It turned out that PersonA gave PersonB permission to just their calendar.

Check the permissions of the person's calendar and see if that's where those long-gone user accounts are still listed.

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> When sending to one user bounce back from 2 non-exsistant users Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter