• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Hub Transport Install Fails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Hub Transport Install Fails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hub Transport Install Fails - 25.Nov.2008 8:47:02 PM   
kb8080

Hello,

I've got a new Exchange 2007 install going on and I thought I had all the bases covered, I've run the forest prep, domain prep, etc. via setup.com, however when I proceed with the rest of the install, particularly when Hub Transport is installing it fails out with an error of: "could not find the directory entry for the local host".  The support base doesn't seem to be very helpful in isolating this problem.  All the topology prep procedures completed with no problems and when looking at the OU structure and Exchange groups, objects, etc. from AD, everything looks good.  I'm kind of at a loss on how to troubleshoot this.

Any insight would be great.  Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Hub Transport Install Fails - 26.Nov.2008 3:53:10 AM   
neilho

It might be worth looking through the Exchange setup log and posting any specific text from the log here.  Also, there are some other questions:

1. What operating system?
2. What roles are you installing on this server?
3. Can you install any other roles individually?  i.e. if you are trying to install Mailbox/CAS/HT, can you perhaps just try the HT role on its own?  Or can you try CAS on its own then add HT later?
4. Have you tried installing from the command-line using setup.com?

Neil Hobson
http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson
http://www.simple-talk.com/author/neil-hobson/

(in reply to kb8080)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Hub Transport Install Fails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter